Wow, we’re at the last class. Crazy.
I came into class with a plan of attack on how I would finish my cake. I was so nervous about all the work I had left to complete that I came in an hour early to get in some extra petal-dusting time.
I knew I had to finish:
- Covering my board
- Petal dusting my roses, rose leaves, and peony leaves
- Attaching gumpaste ruffles to the outside of my cake
- Piping the borders of my cakes
- Attaching my peony to the cake
- Figuring out how I wanted the top of my cake to look
First up, covering my board, something nice and easy to get me into the swing of things. Then I would finish petal dusting my flowers, hopefully all of this could happen in the extra hour I had bought myself by coming in early. I hoped that by the time class was supposed to actually start I would be ready to ruffle my cake. I wasn’t really sure how I was going to achieve the look I wanted, so I knew I had to allow myself at least 2 hours to get it just right.